Powerboating course covering slower speed manoeuvres such as coming alongside, picking up a mooring buoy and man over board. Includes chart work to plan and execute a passage to a nearby harbour and use of safety equipment like lifejackets, kill cords, fire extinguishers and flares.
Discount on application for groups of 2 or 3. If you are looking to charter or rent a powerboat, this course also includes a free ICC assessment that, once the ICC certificate is issued, lets you hire most powerboats in the UK, Europe or further abroad up to around 7.5 metres or 25 feet.
What you will learn
Our fully equipped classroom and on the water training helps ensure you get an RYA approved training qualification.
The RYA Powerboat Level 2 course is an entry level course designed to provide a practical introduction to powerboating. It will instill confidence, helping you to understand how to pilot a powerboat safely in coastal waters. Ideal for those with either none or minimal experience, on the course you will get to drive a powerboat at both slow and high speeds, learning basic manoeuvres, turns and handling techniques to enable you to control a powerboat safely alongside a mooring or jetty and other vessels. By the end of this two-day course you will feel confident manoeuvring a powerboat in harbour and offshore waters and be able to safely launch and recover a powerboat from a road trailer. Our Hayling Island RYA Training Centre has easy access to Chichester Harbour and the Solent for the on the water aspects of the RYA Level 2 Powerboat course.
RYA Powerboat Level 2 course £325 per person:
- Maximum per course: 3 people
- Course duration: 2 days
- Experienced required: None
- Minimum age: 12 years old (accompanied by an adult)
- Course location: Unit 9 Sparkes Marina, Wittering Road, Hayling Island, Hampshire PO11 9SR
What the course Includes:
- Vessel fuel costs
- Use of waterproofs and lifejacket
- RYA handbook
- Free parking
- Note: for self-registered ICC assessment you will need a colour passport photo
RYA Powerboat Level 2 course content:
- Knowledge of safety equipment
- Close quarters handling skills
- Turning in confined spaces
- Speed and collision regulations
- Coming alongside a jetty
- Securing to a mooring buoy
- Man over board recovery
- Towing and anchoring
- High speed manoeuvres
- Rules of the road
- Pilotage and passage planning
To view and download the RYA Powerboat course overview click here
Buy the RYA Powerboat handbook at the RYA shop click here